Monday, June 10, 2013

What's in a Name?


Now the title of this blog seems like a sweet enough name, but what some may not realize is there IS an actual meaning behind it. The song 'Never Alone' by Lady Antebellum was a source of strength amongst our family and friends during the time right after we lost Momma Sue. The first part of the song goes

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when it's time to go home
May you always have plenty
Your glass never empty
Know in your belly
You're never alone

Who wouldn't be praying that the angels protect them while their on the precipice of a journey like this? My blog is actually the second half in a set with my sister's blog N E V E R A L O N E being the trailblazer (shameless plug for her, but she's got some really great fashion pictorials!) I think seeing the title every time I log in will give me that little jumpstart I need if I am feeling low. 

The song even inspired bracelets we made to remind us of her strength and always to follow suit. 


What Would Sue Say? (with a secret Never Alone message on the inside)


It's been a tradition to leave one of these bracelets anywhere people take trips to. To date, there are WWSS bracelets buried on the beach in Cabo, swimming with the dolphins the Caribbean, in the streets of New Orleans and at the bottom of a canal in Venice...those of course are just some of the coolest places. I'm looking forward to leaving one in Japan soon!


No comments :

Post a Comment